top of page
Jung-Knobloch__129_web.jpg

TRADITION SINCE 1813

Wine gives pleasure to a person´s heart
THE BIBLE

Tradition and Innovation – two poles which characterize us 

In 1813 Konrad Knobloch bought the distinctive wine press which continues to be the emblem of our family tradition. Until today the original wine press has a place on the premises of our winery and served as the inspiration for the design of our logo.

 

Both buildings and wine barrels have moving stories to tell. A tour through the impressive wine cellar invites the visitor to marvel at the successful integration of old and new elements.

 

Again and again new ideas, smart decisions and an extra portion of blessings have shaped the history of our wine estate. The foundation of tradition and experience is the basis upon which we can meet the challenges of today with responsibility, courage, innovative spirit and creative drive.

JungKobloch_Tradition.jpg

SINCE 1813 the original wine press has a place on the premises of our winery and served as the inspiration for the design of our logo.

1813

Purchase of the historic wine press, landmark ,

stylized form = Logo

1893

Oldest wine barrel in our cellar

1915

In cooperation with the famous Georg Scheu the winery Adalbert Jung started the first experimental cultivation of the new type of grape “Scheurebe” (formerly also as S88)

1936

Philipp Ludwig Knobloch became a founding member of the wine cooperative Albig. Until his death his membership number was "1".

1978

Reinhard Knobloch resumed pressing in his parents' winery,  using a freefall installation for the gentle  transport  of harvested grapes

1979

Enlargement of the wine tasting room. Harvest of the first ice wine.

1980

Smallest harvest in the last 20 years due to unfavorable weather, yield 30%.

1988

Harvest of the first dry berry selection

JungKobloch_Tradition2.jpg

The production of ice wines has been one of our specialties since 1979. Our ice wine received several awards and is known nationwide.
 

JungKobloch_Tradition3.jpg

Die Katakomben von Jung & Knobloch verbinden seit 1998 unterirdisch die beiden benachbarten Weingüter.

1990

Construction of bottle storehouse

1991

Major damage caused by hailstorms

1992

First production of wine matured in barrique barrels

1997/98

Fusion with neihbouring wine estate. Both wineries are connected by an underground cellar sytem

1999

Fusion with parental wine estate Rodrian - owned by Irmgard Knobloch

2000

​DLG Rarity Trophy Award  for Huxelrebe Selection 1983

​Our family owned vineyard cottage dates from 1774.

It received a special mention by the Weinbruderschaft 
 

2006

Wine estate "marriage" of the wine estates Jung & Knobloch

2007

​Renovation and move into our new office space at  

Langgasse 46

JungKobloch_Tradition4.jpg

Family owned vineyard cottage dates from 1774. It received a special mention by the Weinbruderschaft

JungKobloch_Tradition5.jpg

In 2013 our pre-clarification cellar was built. It is based on a ultra-modern and innovative energy concept.

2013

New Construction of pre-clarification cellar based on the most innovative energy concept.

2014

Award at national level:   Apprenticing company of the year 2014

2016

Lighthouse Company at federal level. Energy efficiency in agriculture

2017

Regio Effect Business Award  of Alzey county

2018

FAIR’N GREEN certification 

2019

Receipt  of  Scheupreis award for sparkling wine Scheurebe extra dry

JungKobloch_Tradition6.jpg

2019: International award Scheupreis for sparkling wine  Scheurebe extra dry

bottom of page